Search This Blog

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Addiction has many phases;

Just because you've stopped abusing your "drug of choice" doesn't mean everything is going to miraculously get better. There is many steps to recovery; I needed to make amends to all those people that I had harmed and there were many. I also need to get right financially with all those creditors. Then I needed to try to fill my time with something useful rather than destructive. There is also that difficult task of cutting off anyone that reminds you of using, most of my old buddies thought it was just a phase. But remember, they will aways be patient to wait for you till your are weak and ready to get loaded again. A good support group is essential. A lot of churches have "CR" recovery groups.

I believe what saves me is trying to keep busy, I started school again to keep my mental status involved in something constructive, unfortunately I found that I had ADD, which may have been caused by excessive drug abuse. I am in somewhat of a fog again so I admit it's always a struggle. So I am always at risk of going back to that lifestyle. But I have come to far to continue that path of destruction.

May God help you find the correct remedy for your recovery;

Michael Angelo

1 comment:

  1. Keep posting Michael. There is a spike in readers son you are reaching people. Your compassion and knowledge are not in vain. God has something better out there for you. Keep reaching for the stars. Your attitude is what is saving you from yourself and that old man that is dead. Remember, your words will either kill or revive. Keep up the good work. God is a rewarded of those who diligently seek Him.

    God bless you s you reach out to the hurting.

    ReplyDelete