Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful

This Thanksgiving, I am thankful that I am not at addict.  I am thankful that as a recovering co-dependent and a Adult Child of an Alcoholic that I am coming to understand a power much greater than myself.  I know that I must "Let Go and Let God" so that I can be free of controlling behavior that can only hurt me and those around me.  I am thankful that I have a home, food, pretty good health, a loving husband, a car, a job, clothes, a church, people that pray for me, and a family that loves me in spite of myself.  Thank you Jesus that you died for me so that I can have everlasting life.  


The Serenity Prayer
Path God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who read this blog....

2 comments:

  1. What are you thankful for today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful to have my own opinion, and to know that it is my God given right to have it.

    ReplyDelete