Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Weaning off the Norco

My doctor lowered the dosage of the Norco (Vicodin) to 5 mg and 325 of Tylenol. This has made a huge difference in my overall well being. I am no longer dozing off during the day and the constipation has lessened. However, I do have to take 2 Citrocel's a day for assurance and ease.

I had a really hard time sleeping last night because of a horrible knot in my back and shoulder and after taking a Norco, the pain didn't even subside. It's 10:00 a.m.and I haven't taken another Norco for 7 hours. I don't feel I need it but I am going to the doctor today for them to remove my splint and put on a cast so I'm being proactive since I will have my foot in weird positions on my way in the car.

I can't wait to get off these pills!

On the mend.

1 comment:

  1. It's not really that easy getting off this stuff. I don't feel I need it and then I feel I should take one when I feel the incision. My doc says I have to take them until the swelling is gone. I'm in the cast now and it feels better but have developed this weird cough in the middle of the night. I also have insomnia now..oh well, at least I am on medical leave so it doesn't really matter but I have to get on a schedule again like I'm going to work because I start my online class on Monday. It is my last class and extremely important.

    I hope those of you who are trying to get off pain pills does so with ease although I know that is not possible.

    Take Care,
    On the mend

    ReplyDelete