Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Don't ever let your guard down

There's one thing you can always count on with any addiction. "When your guard is down, and your weak, the Devil will strike" I have been fighting various addictions for over 35 years. From Cocaine & alcohol, to all sorts of pain-killers and everything in-between,  I did them.


The point I'm trying to make is that "your NEVER out of the woods" or in a safe zone. The drug, or someone with the drug will always find you- and they will happen to find you when your weak. That's how it always works. That's NOT a good thing, it's the way Satan attacks us.  Yes that's right, I believe in Satan. I know he's real because I've seen  him, just as I've seen Jesus. In a dream yes- but it's one way the Lord will choose to communicate. 


We can never be without or guard, allow me to clarify.  My guard is the word of God, The Bible, scripture to be more accurate. When the temptation is upon me - I need to recall some scripture to allow my spirit to get pumped up. Nothing is more powerful than the "word of God".  Satan cannot win when we pull out scripture, so he devises sneaky, evil, deceitful ways to penetrate the armor or at least allow us to lower it momentarily so he can get into our head.  ex: Maybe it's a friend who appears to you in the middle of the night.  He's down and out and needs a place to stay. We give in- then sometime during the evening it happens "the friend pulls out the dope" your caught off guard- just for a moment, but it's enough to find us weak and vulnerable.  Then It's too late!


You finally come around, 2-3 days later after a severe  bender. The friend is gone and so is your money, your pride and whatever sobriety time you had managed to put together.  Now I'm really screwed, because I need more to feel normal again. The cycle is now started once again. He's got me right where he wants me.  Time to get back on track


Always keep your guard up... Please let this be a lesson to us all.


Michael Angelo

No comments:

Post a Comment