Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Brain Damage

I guess I thought that after all those years of drinking and using, I would be fine.  Well I guessed wrong. I remember my mind was quick and responsive, now, not so much. I remember being able to recall specific events in my life so as to enlighten others, now, not so much. I remember when I could win or at least be second at trivial pursuit, now, not so much. Hell I can't even remember specific partying times that were once so cool to bring up. 


Yeah, the brain and the ability to remember, the knowledge I once had, it's mostly gone. I can only recall snippets of events, that is to say I remember being there.  Our brain cells, billions and billions eventually get dwindled down to nothing, and they are "irreplaceable". Thankfully I stopped when I did, but the effects are still there. Sometimes people ask me, do you have  a clue? I have to think about the question for a moment. In my mind I'm thinking, clue about what!  I already forgot the question.


This can be avoided by stopping a lot earlier in life. That's the only advise I could give. Don't do what I did. That's all!


Michael Angelo

No comments:

Post a Comment