Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

People we hurt...

An addict doesn't know or want to face the fact of being responsible for hurting anyone else. It's the last topic I wanted to face, I know that. I just thought everyone around me would just go about on their marry way. Oops, big mistake, here's a clue of how many family members become affected.


My mother and father, all my siblings, my wife and 4-children, my nieces and nephews, In my case about 5-6 teenage to adults kids. My employer if,  I am still employed. That equates to about 15-19 people. Not to mention others that were praying for my recovery through family request.


But that is just me, there are other people that had huge families. I only want the people out there to realize the impact of addiction to others. That's why there are interventions. My immediate Family tried this on me, it didn't work because I was not ready. I had not hit my bottom yet.


Your bottom doesn't have to be like mine. Believe me when I tell you that the de-tox was hell, but the rewards are Heavenly. I always think about others suffering. I will never forget that time in my life. The new beginning, new sober friends, finding new things to do without using. All the new things that go along with living a drug-free lifestyle.


Thank you, I hope and pray your bottom is up a little higher than mine was


Michael Angelo

No comments:

Post a Comment