Search This Blog

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Bronwen Healy

I went to a CR (Celebrate Recovery) meeting last night up the street at First Christian Church because they had a special guest speaker.  Her name is Bronwen Healy.  She is from Australia and she has written a couple books about her testimony and what it means to "inch closer to God".  She was amazing!  Her story is courageous and she is not much different than the rest of us who either had or have addictions or has or had "issues". 

The thing she kept saying that resonated in me was, " Your past is not your future".  But I guess it can be if we choose not to respond to the call to change.  I definitely don't want my past to be my future.  I pray that as each one of you wake up each day that you make that decision to say what Bronwen says-"What I did, is not who I am." 

Be blessed today.
What can you do for God today?

Filantrypico President

1 comment:

  1. Awesome perception and insight of the "CR/ Bronwen Healy" event last night. Thank you so much for the "Blog" above.

    I was also there and I am very grateful today that I do remember where I came from, and it was not a good place. Although today I can rejoice in the fact that am striving to put my past behind me and NOT relive it.

    Michael Angelo

    ReplyDelete